Blackjack is one of the most popular games at offline and online casinos in Canada and around the world. Its numerous fans are not afraid of relatively complicated rules and the importance of learning the basic strategy to achieve better results.
The reason for the incredible success of BlackJack is it allows us to minimize the mathematical advantage of the casino over the client or even to gain an advantage over the gambling house. That's why most of the Canadian pro gamblers prefer this game.
Basic blackjack rules
The full rules of blackjack include numerous significant points, but it is enough to study the main of them at the beginning.
The goal is to defeat the dealer by collecting a higher score than he does, never exceeding twenty-one.
The score is calculated by the following principles:
- 2 to 10 – at face value;
- All "Faces" – 10 points;
- ACE – 1 or 11 points (as more profitable to the player).
Any card of 10 value and an ACE form a Blackjack. It is considered to be the strongest combination.
During the game, the dealer deals two cards to all participants of the draw and opens one in front of him. Further, the customers can take additional cards, trying to get as close as possible to twenty-one.
The most common advanced features are the following:
- Split – split the same cards into two hands.
- Double – double the initial bet.
- Insurance – allows ensuring against the Blackjack at the dealer.
- Surrender – deny continuing the game for half of the bet.
The full set of these options depends on the rules of each particular Blackjack.
The dealer draws his cards last, strictly adhering to a specific algorithm of actions. Usually, the dealer must stop at seventeen.
A detailed description of all the nuances of the rules of the game comes with the description of each blackjack presented at Casinoz.
Varieties of blackjack
There are two key varieties of this game in Canada:
- In the American version, the dealer deals two cards to himself and reveals only one of them. In case of chances for Blackjack, he secretly checks the final card. The player doesn't take any more cards if the dealer has a blackjack.
- In the European variety, the dealer initially deals himself one card, laying it face down. Then he deals after all the participants.
Both of them include numerous variations, which differ in the number of decks and all sorts of nuances.
Less popular blackjacks in Canada:
- Spanish 21
- "Perfect couples»
- "Exchange 21»
Software developers for online casinos often invent their own versions with original features of the gameplay. The above list of BlackJack varieties includes the unique developments of popular brands.
Live blackjack at online casinos in Canada
Currently, no one will be surprised by the "live" Blackjack with real dealers on the Internet. Most of the online casinos work with live game providers, which employ real dealers.
Live Blackjack remains one of the most popular games of this type in Canada. The leading companies offer several types of games with professional dealers. Read about it in our Canadian reviews.
Mobile blackjack online
The best online casinos give you the opportunity to play blackjack at smartphones and tablets. All software developers, releasing new games, adapt them for this gambling format.
Usually blackjack mobile has a simplified interface with a particular location of controls, that allows Canadian players to feel more comfortable during the game on the touchscreen.
The mobile version is discussed in a particular paragraph of blackjack reviews at Casinoz Canada.
How to choose the best blackjack at the online casino in Canada?
To win Blackjack as often as possible, you need to find the most profitable varieties of the game. Also, they should fit you with all the related parameters.
Pay attention to the following:
- Return to the player – look for blackjack with the maximum RTP. Such games give the casino the lowest mathematical advantage over the client. Ideally, you should try to find blackjack with a return of more than 100%. This is rare, but such games can be met at online and land-based casinos.
- Availability of the optimal strategy – the basic strategy of blackjack allows you to achieve good results. But if you're going to play a specific variety, you need to choose the optimal strategy, taking into account all the nuances of the rules. Make sure you can find it or make adjustments on your own.
- Betting range – a narrow betting range will tie your hands during the game. This is especially true if you count cards in blackjack, playing in a real casino. At high score you gonna need to significantly raise the stake, and the low maximum limit won't allow you to make the desired bet.
- Interface – pick a game with user-friendly controls, all the necessary settings, high-quality graphics, and realistic animation. You should not be annoyed by the voice of the virtual dealer, after all, you have to listen to it for a long time. The cards should be well-read so that the eyes do not get tired. We recommend that you first test blackjack for free. So you will understand, whether all parameters suit you.
- Legality – stake real money on the licensed blackjack only. Do not deal with questionable casinos that offer fake software. Their games have no relation to real developers. If you are deceived, it will be almost impossible to achieve justice.
The blackjack reviews at Casinoz Canada usually come with brief tips and links to more detailed tactics and strategy recommendations.
Beginners mistakes in blackjack
To beat the casino in blackjack, a Canadian player needs to get rid of stupid mistakes once and forever, often made by inexperienced clients.
Here are some practical tips on how to turn from amateurs into professionals.
- Forget about intuition – you can not rely on the inner voice, signs, the opinions of neighbors on the table, and other questionable factors. The only objective criterion in decision-making is the rules of the optimal blackjack strategy chosen for the game you are currently playing on.
- Do not try to count cards in online blackjack with RNG – in games with a random number generator, all decks are fully involved in each deal. It makes no sense to track them, because after any round cards are returned in the virtual box.
- Adjust the basic strategy – you should consider features of the rules of the game, which you are playing. If you count cards in blackjack with real dealers, in some situations you will also have to deviate from the standard recommendations.
- Do not get carried away by the original versions – unique varieties of blackjack are rarely profitable for the Canadian client. Usually, they have a relatively high level of casino advantage.
- Be careful with side bets – online casinos offer numerous blackjacks with so-called side bets. As a rule, they help to draw progressive jackpots or bonuses. Most of these bets have a very low return to the player. If you do not have data on the casino advantage in such options, you better abandon them.
- Do not forget to follow the news – the competition forces the software developers and gambling operators to produce games that are profitable for Canadian players. Do not be lazy to monitor the market. Learn new types of Blackjack rules.
- Participate in blackjack tournaments – they are not often held and not by all casinos, however, lots of them are held on tempting terms. Also, they provide an opportunity to practice.
- Don't try to wager casino bonuses in blackjack – usually, any Blackjack is excluded from the game list eligible for fulfilling the wagering requirements. Even if it is allowed, only a small part of your bets will be taken into account.
- Don't stop there – you have to continually learn and improve your skills. The world of gambling does not stand still. There are new games, technology, software, techniques and all sorts of additional tricks. They allow you to win more often at the casino.
- Do not rush to claim yourself as a professional – if you have mastered the basic strategy and card counting, you can't consider yourself an expert. Believe us; you still have a lot to learn before you can make a living by playing blackjack in Canada.
More useful blackjack tips can be found at thematic articles at Casinoz Canada.
How to win in online blackjack
To achieve the maximum results in the blackjack game at an online casino, a beginner should stick to such a plan:
- Thoroughly study all the subtleties of the rules.
- Master theory and learn to apply the basic strategy in practice.
- Find the most profitable varieties of Blackjack with a suitable betting range.
- Choose the optimal strategy that best suits the features of the rules of the selected game.
- First, practice in the training mode "for fun".
- Learn how to manage a bankroll.
Canadian pro gamblers also count cards, keep track of the aces in the decks and use other tricks by which they get a mathematical advantage over the casino. But most of these sophisticated techniques can not be used at online casinos in slot machines, even if we are talking about a live casino with real croupiers.
How to play online blackjack for money and for free
If you decided to master Blackjack, you are in the most suitable place. At Casinoz Canada you will find detailed reviews of a vast number of the best Blackjack games from the leading producers. Most of them are available in demo versions.
The recommendations of Canadian and international pro gamblers will teach you how to play blackjack right. You will be able to learn the basic strategy and get invaluable expert advice.
Right now choose a game from the list, read the rules and start free testing. And when you feel confident in your abilities, you can begin playing blackjack for money.