Trust is one of the critical aspects of online gambling. If the client does not trust the operator, he will not take a risk to deposit personal funds and will not play for money. Any Canadian user wants to be sure that reputable organizations control the work of the casino.
Gambling business regulators in Canada and other countries of the world play this role. They issue licenses that allow the casinos to provide their services. These government organizations also monitor the integrity of operators, handle customer complaints and perform other functions.
We discuss the leading regulators in the reviews presented at Casinoz Canada.
What do casino regulators do in Canada?
So, let's see what the organizations that regulate the gambling business do.
- Licensing of gambling activity – licenses of different types according to the industry needs in each jurisdiction. Some regulators offer single licenses; others divide them into different kinds of activities: casino, poker, betting, software production and so on.
- Control of operators' activities – such organizations are not limited to licensing. They also monitor the operation of those companies they have granted permits to. If operators violate Canadian laws or regulations, their license may be revoked.
- Customer complaints – if you think you have been mistreated, you can send a complaint to the regulator. Contact details of the relevant authority are always available on its official website. Online casinos may also publish e-mail addresses.
- Other responsibilities – the organizations also carry out information work, are engaged in the development of the industry and so on.
The full list of functions performed by each gambling regulator is available on its website.
The most credible gambling regulators
The gambling industry involves dozens of authorities that issue licenses and monitor the work of operators. Let's highlight some of the most famous:
- Malta Gaming Authority,
- The UK Gambling Commission,
- Alderney Gaming Control Commission,
- Curacao Internet Gambling Association,
- Kahnawake Gaming Commission and many others.
Read more about these regulators in the reviews above.
How to check the casino license?
First of all, you need to understand the key point:
Do not play for money in an online casino that does not have a license issued by a reliable gambling regulator.
When choosing a website, check the permitting documentation right away. Honest and reliable online casinos publish links to official websites of authorities, where you can find a copy of the document or detailed information about it.
But be careful. Some companies create fake websites of gambling regulators.
Reviews of online gambling regulators at Casinoz Canada
In this section we discuss the following regulator's features:
- General information – what does it do, what types of services it provides in Canada and so on;
- Types of licenses – what documents are issued to operators;
- Dispute resolution – whether it acts as an intermediary;
- Licensed casino – well-known online casinos holding the license of the regulator;
- Conclusion – conclusions with lists of advantages and disadvantages.
Also, articles come with key data, such as an address, e-mail, website, etc.
Canadian readers are welcome to write about your experience, ask a question and share your thoughts with organization representatives in comments.
Don't be lazy to check licenses of online casinos, poker rooms, bookmakers and providers of other gambling entertainments.
If any of these documents makes you doubt, ask the representatives of the regulator for clarification. This is the only way you can protect yourself from fraud. Do not be afraid to seek justice via these authorities. If you have been deceived in the casino, complain to the authority that has issued a license.
Canadian beginners are advised to begin with learning about these organizations at Casinoz. We talk about the work of the authorities, highlight their strengths and weaknesses, publish official information and give them an assessment. Be careful.