Casino games rules
How does an experienced casino player get to know new games? Of course by studying the rules. You can risk real money only after you understand all the gameplay nuances when the subtleties of bankroll management and strategy nuances become clear.
Software developers have already introduced a few percent of math advantage in almost all games. Why let the casinos beat you because of your ignorance?
The purpose of Casinoz is to raise the level of professionalism among the Canadian gamblers.
This section will introduce the rules of most popular casino games in Canada, including their traditional and unique varieties.
If you want to learn how to play blackjack professionally, master the intricacies of video poker, poker strategies, avoid slots mistakes, and take it to the next level, start with rule reviews.
Types of casino games
There is no generally accepted classification of casino games in Canada. Different casinos, gambling experts, authors of thematic books and specialized editions offer their own ways.
In general, games for money can be divided into the following key categories:
- Slot machines - video slots, classic slots and games at the intersection of styles;
- Cards - all kinds of casino games with the use of playing cards;
- Table - games with tables and additional equipment;
- Video poker - a specific genre, which includes a special kind of poker on personal slots;
- Scratch cards - all sorts of instant wins;
- The arcade and entertainment - is a unique development of the software producers that offer original gameplay and unusual rules;
- Others - this includes keno, bingo, betting simulators, regional games and other gambling activities that do not belong to the above groups.
The rules section at Casinoz takes a more adaptive approach to classification. We took into account not only the genre but also the games prevalence, a variety of models at online casinos and customers rating in Canada.
Let's discuss the rules of casino games in the basic categories.
Roulette is one of the most famous and popular casino games.
The goal of roulette is to guess in which number or group of numbers the ball is going to stop.
Roulette offers different types of bets that can be combined at the client's discretion.
There are three main versions:
The first two differ in the design of the table, the variety of bets and the presence of additional rules in the French version.
American roulette offers a particular order of numbers on the track and the presence of double zero. Some models also have special features.
Mini roulette is less popular, as long as a boule and roulette without zero.
Casinos also have unique varieties, including games with multiple tables, reels and balls, all sorts of pictures instead of numbers, accumulative jackpots, bonuses, and other unusual features.
All the main types of roulette by well-known producers, popular in Canada, are discussed in the special section at Casinoz.
Rules of slot machines
By slots, we mean games with spinning reels, which depict diverse images. These symbols form winning combinations, trigger a variety of bonuses and can be used in other functions.
The goal of playing casino slots is to get one or more payouts based on the spin results.
Video slots can be divided into two key groups:
- Classic slot machines - traditional games with 3 reels, 1 to 5 lines and a limited set of features.
- Multifunctional video slots - the ones with 5 or more reels, different types of symbols, free spins and other bonuses, pretty popular in Canada.
Slots often feature the following options:
- Basic symbols – standard symbols that form winning combinations by general rules.
- Wild symbols – special symbols, which substitute other and often have advanced features.
- Scatter symbols usually pay regardless of the active lines and often trigger free spins.
- Free spins – a series of free spins at casino's expense.
- Re-spins – single free spins funded by the casino.
- Gambling feature on even chances – your opportunity to improve the win.
- Bonus rounds – various bonus games in different formats: pick a symbol, fortune wheel, races, battles, field movement and so on.
- Progressive jackpots – progressive amounts increasing due to deductions from bets.
Developers may integrate different combinations of the above features. We describe all of them at Casinoz. It will help Canadians to understand the subtleties of slot rules.
Blackjack is the most popular intellectual casino game in Canada. The most professional offline players prefer blackjack. There they can not only play using the basic strategy but also count cards and use other techniques, which are useless in online casinos.
The goal of blackjack is to beat the dealer by getting a higher score than he does, never exceeding 21. You can also win by busting the dealer.
There are two basic blackjack versions:
- In the American one, the dealer deals two cards to himself, reveals one and checks for blackjack.
- In the European version, the dealer initially deals one card to himself, and then to the players.
Both varieties have numerous subtypes. Blackjack rules are pretty flexible. Casino operators can adjust them at their discretion, offering Canadian customers different sets of options.
Choosing the most profitable type of blackjack, experienced players of Canada pay attention to the list of features:
- Split – split cards of the same value into two boxes;
- Double – double bet;
- Surrender – deny to continue the game for the half bet;
- Insurance – insure against blackjack at the dealer;
- Even money – pays 1:1 against the ace on the dealer's hand.
Also, professional blackjack players will pay attention to the rules of the dealer's card set, splits and doubles features, bonus payments and other. Each of these points affects the math advantage of the casino and requires changes to the basic strategy.
The best varieties of blackjack even allow you to gain an advantage over the house.
Video poker rules
Video Poker is a poker machine of multiple varieties.
The purpose of playing video poker is to make a paid poker combination. Usually you can change up to 5 cards for free at once.
Casinos offer all kinds of video pokers. The most popular in Canada are Jacks or Better, Deuces Wild, All American, Bonus Poker and some others.
They vary by the set of poker combinations, the presence of jokers, payments, the number of hands and additional features. At the same time, they have the same basic rules of video poker.
The common gameplay includes the following:
- The client makes a bet and receives five cards.
- He discards unnecessary cards and gets new ones instead.
- If a combination is formed, the player is automatically paid.
- The user can collect the money or double.
- If he wants to take a chance, he has to pick a random card and compare it with the dealer's.
These are the basic rules of video poker. Other nuances relate to certain varieties of the game. We discuss all of them at Casinoz.
Casino poker rules
Unlike video poker, table poker varieties can make a dramatic difference. The only features some of them may have in common are playing cards and poker combinations.
So we recommend that you study the rules in each case. There is no practical sense in discussing them in general.
Currently, this casino game has lost its leading position at offline casinos in Canada, and it has never been in high demand on the web. In the old days, it was the favorite entertainment of aristocrats. However, you will find baccarat in most online casinos.
The goal of baccarat is to guess who will win the hand: a banker or a dealer. You can also bet on a draw.
In most of the modern varieties of baccarat, the player does not have to draw cards or actively participate in the game. He only has to bet on the outcome of the round. But in some versions, Canadian players can make decisions during the deals.
Carefully read the rules of baccarat released by different producers to understand the nuances.
Craps may scare the novice players by a variety of bets and unusual gameplay features. In fact, the rules of craps may seem complicated only if you decide to delve into the details and understand all the nuances. You can learn the basic provisions in a few minutes.
The goal of craps is to guess a dice combination and get paid on the bets made in advance.
In land-based casinos of Canada, dice are rolled by so-called "shooters", which are the players throwing the dice. At online casinos, the number of points on the faces of the dice depends on the random number generator.
Craps tables usually accept dozens of different types of bets. The gameplay is divided into several stages, where you can make certain bets.
It is important to understand that the craps bets significantly vary in the math advantage of the casino. The optimal strategy will allow you to achieve almost one hundred percent return.
Articles by Casinoz experts in Canada will teach you the basics of craps and give recommendations on how to play the game.
Other casino games
In addition to classic games, software producers develop unique models and adapt rare games for online casinos, which are particularly popular in Canada.
These games are also discussed in the rules on Casinoz. Not all of them are interesting for Canadians who play on the result. Some of them have too low return to the player, so we can not recommend them. On the other hand, some of them are games with tempting conditions and really interesting gameplay.
Rules of games at Casinoz
In the articles of this section of the Casinoz gambling guide, we consider the following features:
- General information;
- The goal of the game;
- Stages of the gameplay;
- Determination of winners;
- Accrual of payments;
- Additional prizes and bonuses;
- Progressive jackpots;
- Game varieties;
- Brief strategy tips.
The basic provisions of the rules are described here. You should learn the features of each game that you choose to play for real money.
How to choose the best casino game?
The answer to this question cannot be definitive. First of all, you need to decide why you go to the casino.
- If your goal is to win at any cost, then the best option for you is to play games with the minimum casino advantage.
- If you want to have fun, choose the game that brings you the most pleasure, but don't forget about the RTP.
Remember that the result of some games depends only on fortune, while in others your theoretical knowledge and practical skills can help a lot.
The advice of Casinoz experts:
Learn to enjoy games that offer the most favorable terms and conditions. Memorize the rules and learn how to play the best strategy.
This approach will give the opportunity to achieve better results.
You can not neglect the aspect of studying the rules of casino games. This is fraught with substantial costs at the casino. However, it doesn't mean it will help you to beat the casino.
Always read the rules. Pay attention to professional advice. Read special publications at Casinoz. Master the strategies developed by mathematicians.
To make it short, increase your skills level.