Roger Moore shoot his famous movie James Bond in the Ritz Club. Johnny Depp sat behind the bar counter of the Ritz Club and a local bartender made him love Irish whiskey. Prominent politicians gathered here to decide the fate of the world during the World War II. Bets on the tables of the VIP hall reached tens of thousands of pounds per deal. To put it briefly, this is a cult facility with unique history, exclusive service, and incredible charm.
Its unique features are described in the article from Casinoz.
The Ritz Casino forms a part of a five-star complex with an excellent hotel, splendid restaurant and other services. The building is decorated in a spectacular style of Louis XVI and can boast an amazing facade and interior.
The venue changed a lot of owners for its one-century history. Now it is owned by London Clubs.
The Ritz Club is located in London. Its address is 150 Piccadilly, St. James's near Park Lane and Mayfair.
It offers several tables for roulette, blackjack, poker and baccarat, as well as numerous slot machines. It is famous for its high betting limits, high-level service, and special attitude towards high rollers.
The founder of the Ritz Hotel and Casino is London was the Swiss Cesar Ritz, who at that time already owned the Hotel Ritz Paris. Initially, his affairs were far from being brilliant, but over time the facility became more and more popular among local rich, politicians, actors, and writers. It has been known that meetings of exceptional international importance between political and public figures were held there.
Let's follow the main episodes of Ritz history:
- June 1904 - October 1905 The hotel was built by Waring White Building.
- May 1905 - The Ritz Hotel opened its doors.
- 1911 - The complex began to flourish, since the Prince of Wales paid attention to it and started to regularly dine at the Ritz Restaurant.
- The World War I - Employees of German and Austrian Embassies always booked tables. However it did not help the venue to avoid losses.
- 1917 - David Lloyd George, the future British Prime Minister, organized several secret meetings at the hotel.
- 1921 - The legendary Charlie Chaplin stayed at the Ritz Hotel and his arrival caused an unprecedented stir among the public.
- 1920s - 1930s - Ritz was extremely popular among actors, musicians, writers, social and political figures.
- World War II - Many nobles, representatives of elites and leading politicians stayed at the Ritz Hotel.
- 1942 - The famous meeting of Winston Churchill, Dwight Eisenhower and Charles de Gaulle took place in Ritz.
- Post-war years - Ritz, which was still considered to be one of the best hotels in the world, offered accommodation for many reputable guests from all over the world.
- 1960s - Many celebrities, including The Beatles and The Rolling Stones, often stayed at the hotel, which aroused the disapproval among the stiff-necked British aristocracy.
- 1970s - The successful functioning of the hotel was undermined by the threats of terrorists from the Irish Republican Army to commit a terrorist attack.
- 1995 - The Ellerman Group purchased The Ritz.
- 1998 - The facility was bought by London Clubs.
- 2006 - The casino was divided into four sections: gambling halls, restaurant, bar, and lounge zone.
Nowadays the Ritz Casino Hotel remains a popular venue, visited willingly by wealthy British and foreign citizens.
Casino and Other Gambling-Related Entertainment
The casino occupies a hall in the Ritz Hotel, which used to be a hall for balls.
Customers are offered to play several kinds of games:
- Roulette - a traditional single-zero variation with standard rules;
- Blackjack - a European single-box or multi-box roulette;
- Baccarat - a variation with basic rules, in accordance to which it is necessary to predict who wins player or banker;
- Three card poker is an interesting variation of poker with several kinds of bets.
Roulette, poker, baccarat and blackjack tables are installed in the main hall, as well as in the rooms called The Carmen, The Amber and The Aida.
The lowest bet at the roulette tables reaches five pounds. In other games, the minimum limit is twenty-five pounds. The maximum bet size depends on the gambling room and the agreement with the administration.
The upper limit for high rollers can be extremely high. It has been known that the Australian gambler Kerry Packer once played blackjack, betting ten thousand per each of the seven hands.
The casino waits for customers 24 hours per day and seven days per week.
Strict dress code is not necessary. It is enough to have neat casual attire, which is usually described as 'smart casual'.
The Ritz hotel offers 136 rooms, including twenty-three suites. All of them are luxuriously decorated with antique furniture, gold leaf, expensive fabrics, and valuable wood species.
Guests who booked suites are transferred from the airport by the Rolls-Royce Phantom. They are also provided with a butler.
Detailed description of all rooms can be found on the official website www.theritzlondon.com.
The Ritz Restaurant offers dishes of European, Thai, Indian, Chinese and Oriental cuisines.
Breakfast at the restaurant is served from 8.00 a.m. to 11 a.m. Lunches and dinners are available until 2 a.m. The bar is open from noon till 3 a.m.
Description of dishes offered in the menu of The Ritz Restaurant can be found on the official website of the establishment. It is also possible to book a table online.
The Ritz Hotel Casino is headquartered on the 3rd floor, 22 Arlington Street, London SW1A 1RD.
Phone number: +44 (0)20 7499 1818
Official site of the hotel casino: www.theritzclub.com.
To be sure, there are those who have already visited The Ritz London Casino Hotel among our readers. We will be grateful for any feedback about this legendary venue.