Making gambling a source of stable income is very difficult, and using roulette for this purpose is even more challenging. Why?
- Mathematicians haven't learned to beat it (pocket computers are not the topic here).
- It is not subject to betting systems (yes, Martingale doesn't work).
- In brick-and-mortar casinos, it is closely monitored by video surveillance staff (however, sometimes excessive vigilance doesn't help).
- It is practically impossible to predict the ball's trajectory and possible bounces (visual ballistics is a questionable thing).
- Finding flaws in the operation of offline roulette is extremely rare (believe me, many have tried).
So, in a gambling club with competent management, roulette is well protected from professionals and cheaters. Sometimes it is susceptible to lucky ones, but Fortune is a fickle lady who doesn't smile for long at anyone.
Let's figure out why roulette is hardly suitable for earning money in a casino. We won't stop at the game's general rules but should remember some abbreviations and expressions.
Where to Play Roulette for Money and Free
Almost all high-quality online casinos offer roulette. Most websites feature games from multiple providers, and their portfolios usually include numerous types and brands of roulette. Generally, they can be tested for free. Demo versions are also available in Casinoz reviews.
Roulette RTP and House Edge
Let's remind what these terms mean.
- RTP (Return to Player) is usually expressed as a percentage. The higher it is, the more the casino game pays out in the long run. In almost all games, RTP is less than 100%.
- House edge is the difference between 100% and RTP. This is the portion of the total amount of players' bets the casino gets in the long run.
Don't forget that in a particular game session, your results may differ significantly from the theoretical payback.
Now let's find out what RTP is built into roulette. The indicators are different in various game versions and even in bets.
- European roulette - 2.7%
- French roulette - 2.7%
- French roulette with the La Partage rule - 1.35% (when making bets to which this rule applies)
- American roulette - 5.26%
- Bet on five numbers 0-00-1-2-3 in American roulette - 7.89%
In unique versions of roulette, RTP should be specified separately in each case.
Is It Possible to Make Money on Roulette?
Next, let's consider the most popular formats of roulette. We will not discuss the different variations of the game but rather ways of organizing gameplay.
Many people think online roulette differs greatly from the game in real casinos, but the differences are mostly visual. The essence of the gameplay remains largely the same.
If you are not planning to cheat or break the rules in some other way, it doesn't matter where you play: online, in Las Vegas, or in Macao. What's more important is which variation of roulette you prefer: European, French, American, or some less common version.
So, where can or can't you earn a living by playing roulette?
Earning Money on Roulette in Land-Based Casinos
Roulette in land-based casinos allows for various tricks, ploys, and even manipulations (of course, Casinoz does not recommend breaking the rules!).
- Experienced players take advantage of flaws in the dealer's work and even push dealers to make mistakes. It is not uncommon for large companies to cover the entire field with chips of various colors and then make noise, interfering with the employees' calculations. Inexperienced dealers often make errors. If they make a mistake in favor of the player, the latter, of course, remain silent. Otherwise, clients start to make a scene and even demand various compensations.
- Stealing chips in roulette is a common practice, but we won't dwell on it, as it is a fraud.
- Various manipulations with bets on the field are also blatant crimes that cannot be recommended to readers.
The article's author knew people who managed to earn money through roulette scams but believe me, you don't need that kind of experience. It's better to play roulette for fun. You won't be able to get rich this way, and the risks are too high.
Earning Money on Online Casino Roulette
Online roulette is the most accessible, but it must be acknowledged that it is unsuitable for those who dream of making a living from casino gaming.
Trying to make a living by playing roulette in an internet casino is probably the worst option.
It will unlikely suit you if you are serious about playing roulette professionally.
Why? Here are a few reasons:
- Electronic roulette has a certain RTP built in. It is always under 100%. You won't be able to increase the payback with betting systems or other methods. Accordingly, online roulette is unprofitable.
- The gameplay is quite speedy, and the faster you play, the higher the bet amount and the more you lose.
- There are no dealer errors, which you could use to your advantage.
- It is impossible for an ordinary user to hack an internet casino roulette, and we would not recommend that hackers do so.
- Casinos generously give bonuses to customers and hold various promotions for them, but most of these offers are aimed at slot lovers. Roulette fans either cannot participate in them or are subject to serious restrictions, such as increased wagering requirements.
- Loyalty programs are also not generous in this case. Roulette players often receive fewer comp points.
- There are no promising jackpots on virtual roulette. They exist but are played through additional bets with very low RTP.
- Currently, internet casinos do not often hold paid and free roulette tournaments, preferring slot tournaments or mixed-type competitions that involve various table and card games.
As you can see, playing online casino roulette for profit is extremely difficult.
Earning Money on Live Roulette in Online Casinos
Live casino roulettes can interest true connoisseurs of games with real dealers. If you don't have the opportunity to visit brick-and-mortar clubs, online roulettes with dealers can partially solve the problem.
Can you earn on them? With the same "success" as on internet roulettes that operate on a random number generator.
In live online casinos, dealers only spin the ball. They don't calculate payouts or give customers the chips they've won - in other words, they're only there for the atmosphere. It's not possible to profit from any of their mistakes.
In all other respects, everything is the same as in games on a random number generator.
Earning Money on Pneumatic Roulette
Pneumatic roulettes and other machines that don't involve dealers are found in gambling clubs in Russia and other countries. The ball is launched without the participation of a dealer. A scanner reads winning numbers, and payouts are calculated automatically.
These devices differ from classic roulettes only in format. The rules are unchanged. The house edge is the same. Accordingly, the recommendations for the game are standard.
The article's author came across pneumatic roulettes with very wide ranges of bets. For example, you could bet from one credit to several thousand on red or black. If you stock up with an impressive bankroll, such a wide range allows you to play quite successfully with strategies similar to the Martingale.
However, remember that losing streaks can be very long. If one color "hits" for dozens of spins, even with a very large bankroll and a very wide range, it may not be enough, and the loss in such a case would be catastrophic.
Roulette and Casino Bonuses
Fans of roulette usually can't count on generous promotions in online casinos.
- Often bonus credits cannot be used on roulette, or only a small portion of bets made in this game is counted when fulfilling the wagering requirements.
- When playing through bonuses on roulette, certain bets or combinations of bets may be prohibited (for example, betting on both red and black simultaneously).
- There are often restrictions on comp points as well. For example, they are accumulated at much lower rates than slot bets.
- Naturally, there are no free spins on roulette like there are on slot machines.
- In offline casinos, players at roulette usually receive fewer lottery tickets, and special promotions for them are also rare.
In short, bonus hunting in roulette does not seem like a promising activity.
Which Roulette Is the Most Advantageous for Players?
If you have read the article carefully up to this paragraph, you have probably already found the answer to this question.
The most profitable roulette is where you can achieve the highest RTP and minimize the house edge.
Gambling experts often recommend playing French roulette with the La Partage rule, placing bets on red/black, even/odd, or large/small numbers.
More details on tactics and strategies for advantage play in roulette are explained in a special section of Casinoz.
Should You Try Making a Living by Playing Roulette?
If you intend to make a living by playing casino games without breaking the rules and laws, it is better not to play roulette. You are unlikely to beat it. Give preference to blackjack, video poker, baccarat, or some variety of poker.
Overall, Casinoz recommends playing casino games for fun, not profit. You should earn money in more reliable ways. Let gambling remain your entertainment. However, this does not mean that you should take them lightly.
Learn, practice, and develop your skills to achieve success more often. Roulette will often delight you with victories if you choose its best versions, learn to manage your bankroll properly, and use casino bonuses and promotions wisely.
And remember: roulette is a wonderful game. It will give you a lot of emotions, but they will not always be positive.